As you have probably heard on the news there has been a change in government guidelines re Covid from today. We have had a handful of positive cases over the last month but have remained relatively free of Covid over this period. The new guidelines are:
- Staff and students should wear masks in communal areas (such as corridors and the hall). Students should also wear masks on public and school transport. Many of our students are exempt and this is fine but they should wear them if they can.
- All contacts of people suspected to have the Omicron variant of Covid must isolate for 10 days regardless of their vaccine status. You will be notified by test and trace if this applies to your child and you should notify the school immediately.
Please also continue to encourage your child to follow the existing measures:
- They should continue to take 2 lateral flow tests a week. If they test positive, they should book a PCR flow test and isolate until they get a negative result. If the result is positive, then they must self-isolate for 10 days from the onset of symptoms or if no symptoms, from the date of the test.
- If your child has any of the following symptoms- a high temperature, a new continuous cough or a change to smell or taste, they should isolate and book a PCR test. If they get a negative test but still have symptoms, they can return to school when they are well enough to.
- Continue to follow hygiene guidance by washing hands regularly, catching coughs and sneezes in a tissue and then binning that.
Thanks for your support with all this. I’d like to also take this opportunity to remind you that school is closed to students on Monday 6th December for an INSET day.